Our Church's Early History

This frame church was constructed in 1874.

Interior of white frame chruch in 1895. Rev. George Woerth is near altar

1876 St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church is organized.
1886 The congregation joins the Iowa Synod.
1889 Church building enlarged, basement dug,
1901 A new parsonage was constructed at a cost of $1,850.
1906 A Parochial School teacher was hired for $350 per year.
1909 The Missionfest Stand was constructed in church park.
1911 The Parochial School house was built.
1918 A service flag was dedicated to honor soldiers.
1921 The church was electrified at a cost of $380.
1927 The present brick church was completed.
1928 Sunday School was begun.
1931 The Parochial school was discontinued.
1932 A Luther League was organized.
1933 Last Confirmation class taught in German.
1949 We join the Wisconsin District of the ALC.
1959 A scholarship fund was established.
1970 Women given the vote at congregational meetings.
1975 Fifth grade communion established.
1976 Centennial celebration, we sponsored a Laotian family.
1980 New green hymnals dedicated.
1983 Handicapped entrance installed.
1984 Lutheran Lay Renewal program held at church.
1988 We became the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
1990 A new parsonage was completed.
1993 Stained glass windows refurbished
1996 Lutheran Lay Renewal program offered
1998 New addition to church,classrooms, office, elevator.
2001 Celebrated 125th anniversary of the church
2003 Redecoration of church interior,carpet, air conditioner.
2008 New Electronic organ installed. Pipe organ removed.